Babysitting – the app that finds babysitting jobs suitable to your skills and availability.
How does it work?
- The parents search for a possible babysitter within a 5 kilometer radius; filtering options include: distance, age, price, accepting a credit card and rating. The babysitter accepts offers on the days that s/he marks as available for work.
2. The babysitter receives the job offer. If she presses "interested", she and the parents can get to know each other and finalize details via chat or online video-chat.
3. Once you're hired, the parent will turn on the counter, which will count your work time and calculate the amount to be paid. When you finish working, the parents will pay the amount specified on the counter in cash or with a credit card (including an option to pay a tip with a credit card). Remember to ask the parents to rate you – the rating on your profile is a factor parents may take into account before deciding to hire you.
Tips for building a good profile:
- It is recommended to have a clear profile picture.
- Fill in your availability details accurately.
- Fill in your address so that parents who live nearby will be able to view you in their search.
- Add names and phone numbers of as many recommenders as possible.
- Add relevant personal information (such as past child care experiences).
- Write about yourself.
- Let someone older or more experienced edit your profile.
While you're working:
- Always arrive on time.
- Offer to read the children a story or assist with homework.
- Play games with the children. At the end of every game, make sure to put everything back in its place.
- Focus on the children. Avoid WhatsApp or unnecessary phone calls.
- Make sure that the children don't mess up the house or dirty it.
- If you prepare a meal for yourself or the children, don't leave any leftovers on the table.
- Clean the dishes at the end of the meal.
- If a friend of yours wants to stop by during work time, make sure to ask for permission in advance.
- Read a story to children who have trouble falling asleep.
When you meet the parents for the first time:
- It is recommended to speak with the parents through video chat.
- It is recommended to mention past experience as a babysitter, including taking care of siblings. It is also advised to mention recommenders who live close by.
- Offer to stop by to meet the children. Speak with them at eye level and play a game with them or read them a story.
- If you need a lift to the house or back home – it is recommended to let the parents know in advance.
- It is recommended to request to view the Facebook profile of the parents in order to see the family.
- You can ask one of your parents to accompany you to the initial meeting with the hiring parents, so that you feel more secure.